Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gift for Carly

I love going to thrift stores and yard sales to buy frames.  Let me rephrase that...I love going to thrift stores and yard sales for anything I can upcycle. 

I bought this pretty frame at the thrift store for $2.00.  Popped out the old needlepoint panel; replaced it with an old piece of chalkboard that I found while cleaning out an old classroom; hot glued a layered paper flower in the corner and

Viola!  A cute gift for Carly...

Isn't Carly an amazing artist?  The drawing is so lifelike!  LOL

5 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this before...I will kept it in mind
    Send gifts to pakistan and will use it when i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable!!! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for upcycling!! Awesome project!! I love stopping by here...I always get so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I need to find some cute, cheap frames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. What an adorable creation with something so simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!