Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scraps and Stash

Here are a few of the borders that I made using only scraps and items from my stash. 

I glued strips of blue scraps to a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white cardstock and then cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips.  Adhered them to a 2 x 12" border.  All the punched shapes (including the letters) were found in my container that I hold random punched things.  Layered circles to make these cute "flowers" and bird.  The bag of jelly beans were from a card candy swap and so were the birthday presents and pinwheel on the "Party" border.  These were all made for a Use Your Scraps/Stash swap I signed up for on Splitcoast Stampers.

Love, love, love using scraps!!

2 comments:

  1. Dorlene, these are really pretty!! At first I thought they were belly bands for some of your craft show projects. You could totally use this idea for belly bands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant idea for using scraps! Plus, it would give me a jump start on my scrapbook pages too!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!