Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week Two ICAD #8, #9 and #10

OMG!  Can you believe it!  I'm onto Week #2 and still going strong!

Prompt #8:
Island

Island = beach = shells

I covered the index card with gesso, used Sahara Sand ink pad (SU!) for the bottom half and blue watercolor paint for the top half.  Stamped some shells (SU!) and used watercolor pencils to color them in.  Handwrote "Go Barefoot" and added some black splatter.  Afterwards, I added white pen to outline the shells.


Prompt #9:
Compass
I knew I had a compass stamp and that's the first thing I did after putting gesso on the card.  After that I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  I had a few ink spots on my table so I decided to rub the ink all over the card.  No specific pattern or placement, just adding color.  I really, really liked the way it turned out.  I was watching a youtube video about creating a galaxy look with watercolor paint and she had a great tip on spreading white (or any color) ink dots around your projects.  Basically you place the white acrylic paint on the edge of an acrylic block add some water and using a paint brush, flick it toward the area you want the splatter.  I tried it and it really does work.  I love it!  Once that paint dried I used a ledger background stamp just here and there and then drew the messy border & write the quote.  

Prompt #10:
Cobalt Blue
I actually had to look this color up.  LOL  I didn't have cobalt, but I had Too Blue acrylic paint so I covered the index card with it.  Honestly, I was going to stop there LOL, but thought that might be cheating a little.  I stamped/embossed the feather along the card with copper.  Then I used the splatter technique as above.  Drew circles around the feathers and that's all.  

You'll be happy to hear that I'm still going strong.  I'll post the next few soon.
All stamps used are from Stampin' Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!