Tuesday, August 9, 2016

August Flower of the Month

August Flower of the Month is poppies.  I had a hard time coloring in the poppies.  I started with using multiple mediums of red, orange, yellow but many of the blends looked more like purple.  So I put it aside.  I then ended up using red acrylic paint to paint the flowers.  Then I stamped with a sentiment stamp for a small detail.  I decided to add white pen to the flower lines but instantly hated it.  So I grabbed a wet wipe and rubbed it off.  I loved the faded white details so I did the same thing to the second flower.

The background was a background piece I did awhile ago and had in my stash.  Basically it's yellow, orange and purple ink sprays along with a Tim Holtz stencil and white acrylic paint, black splatter and some script stamping.  The little circles were made by using a straw and white acrylic paint.


I drew a border around the edges and made it a striped border.

To see more of the FOM designs, check out LILA GREY STAMPS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!