Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 6

Alright, I need to be honest, I really thought, ok...I'm done.  This 61 day challenge is taking forever.  But then I layed out all the cards that I finished and got inspired again.  :).

Prompt #36
Crystal or Prism
This one is funny.  My future daughter-in-law's name is Krystal.  So, this card is a tribute to her.  She loves giraffes so that was my inspiration on this one.
I used two different blue acrylic paints and just applied directly to the card.  Added lines of a darker blue and white with the edge of a credit card.  I stamped the giraffes on a separate piece of cardstock and colored using a Spectrum Noir pen and brown tombow marker.  Stamped sentiment (SU!)

Prompt #37
Meditation
I don't meditate, but I do pray.
I drew these mandalas earlier.  I painted over them with white gesso.  Then I used a stencil and Ranger orange spray.  Then I grabbed another stencil and went over it with another Ranger purple spray.  Added white droplets (seems to be my fallback move) and handwrote "pray everyday".  I love how this background turned out.

Prompt#38
Folk Art
I checked out Pinterest for some folk art images and then just kind of went for it.  I noticed that one of my stems looked like the ASL sign for "I Love You" so I drew fingers on it for a tribute to my father.  I miss him so much.
I drew the design with a pencil and then filled in with markers.  Then I used black watercolor paint around the flowers and stems.  Handwrote "love you" with a white Signo marker.

Prompt #39
Lens
I went with the obvious, a camera.  I just smoothed red and pink paint on the index card, added white droplets and then used a Sharpie marker to draw the camera and write "smile".  Simple


So there you go, halfway done with Week #6.  Have you started the challenge?  I'd love to hear about it if you are going for it.  It really is a lot of fun and since you are only challenging yourself, you can use the prompts or not and really stop whenever you want to.  Go HERE to read more about it.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!