Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016

I am so ready for 2017!

I could go through the year and mention all the good & bad that happened this year, but who's got the time?!  Instead I'm going to mention my Top Five 2016 art moments.

Number Five:  Discovering Gelli Printing.  I put it off long enough, but so glad I finally jumped in.  Using this plate has given me a jumping point on many of my mixed media projects, cards and soon, scrapbooking layouts!



Number Four:  Index Card-A-Day Challenge.  I had so much fun participating in this 61 day challenge and cannot wait to do this again in 2017.  Click on the ICAD label to the right to see all of my cards and some of the projects I made with them.  Participating in this challenge broadened my capabilities and made me think outside the box.

Number Three:  WOYWW.  Discovering this blog site introduced me to some extremely creative people that welcomed me to their community.  Click on over to STAMPING GROUND to learn more about this community of artists.  You can also click on the WOYWW label to the right.

Number Two:  Bloom Arts.  Not only did this lovely lady, Lisa, encourage me to continue with my mixed media artwork, but she created a set of three stamp sets of my mixed media marks with my name on it!  It is so awesome to use the set especially since my name is on the package.  And to make it even better, they are amazing background/marking stamps that I really do use in almost every project I make.  BLOOM ARTS STAMPS


Number One:  VIDA.  There's not much better than having your designs on clothing!  I am so thankful that they found me and that I decided to GO FOR IT!  I have enhanced my own wardrobe and many of my friends and family have as well.  Some may say it's a dream come true, but honestly, it's not a dream I would have had until I saw how amazing these pieces are.  Click Here to go to my collection.  Every piece I have purchased is great quality and the colors are amazing!  And seeing your name on a label is pretty cool too!  LOL


My absolutely favorite post was the picture heavy post of my son's Engagement Party.  I had so much fun creating decorations for this celebration.  This is by far the most exciting news we had in 2016 until my other son proposed to his girlfriend in December.  So in July, 2017, we'll have one wedding and then in September, we'll start planning for another.  GOOD TIMES!

Click HERE to see this post.

Happy New Year peeps and thanks for all the looks & comments on my blog this year.  We're ready for you 2017!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorlene, lovely interesting read of your year. Congrats on the engagements, look forward now to the Wedding pictures!Love those stamps, how fantastic is that?
    Hugs, Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!